The Property Valuation Services Corporation (PVSC) was created under the Property Valuation Services Corporation Act as of April 1, 2007. Its Board of Directors is comprised of municipal officials, municipal administrators, the Executive Director of the Nova Scotia Federation of Municipalities (NSFM), and independent members as set out in the PVSC Act.
It is the Board's responsibility to:
- Establish a long term strategic plan.
- Create multi-year capital and operational budgets.
- Appoint a CEO.
- Encourage partnership opportunities with stakeholders and others.
- Communicate to its stakeholders including reporting to the NSFM at its annual meeting.
- Ensure external financial and quality audits are completed.