Property values are influenced by many factors, including property type and size, location, land features, and building size, style, construction and age.
For some commercial properties, like hotels, apartments, shopping malls and office buildings, their value is influenced by their ability to generate revenue for the property owner.
We gather property information from a variety of sources, including:
- Discussions with property owners
- The Nova Scotia Land Registry (part of the Nova Scotia government)
- Sales reviews and real estate listings
- Building permits from municipalities
- Income and Expense requests for information for some commercial properties
- Aerial and street photography
- Typical cost data
- Property inspections