We have integrated Pictometry into our business operations in order to improve our assessment processes.
Pictometry uses aerial oblique photography to provide multiple views of a property on the ground that allows the user to view the property from all sides, zoom in on the property, and take accurate measurements of distances and dimensions.
- Technology is provided by Pictometry Canada - a leading provider of aerial oblique imagery and metric geospatial solutions.
- In 2010 the PVSC signed a 10-year contract to fly over parts of NS to capture and maintain the aerial oblique photography database.
- Portions of all 54 municipalities have been ‘flown’ to provide a Pictometry database for each municipality
- All municipalities have access to the Pictometry data
- This project was undertaken by the PVSC in conjunction with the Property Innovation Council.
The PVSC has received international recognition for its work integrating Pictometry data into our iasWorld assessment technology.