The Property Valuation Services Corporation (PVSC) was created under the Property Valuation Services Corporation Act as of April 1, 2007. Its Board of Directors is comprised of municipal officials, municipal administrators, the Executive Director of the Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities (UNSM), the Deputy Minister of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations (non-voting member) and independent members as set out in the PVSC Act.
The responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Establish a long term strategic plan
- Create multi-year capital and operational budgets
- Appoint a CEO
- Encourage partnership opportunities with stakeholders and others
- Communicate to its stakeholders including reporting to the UNSM at its annual meeting
- Ensure external financial and quality audits are completed
For details of the Board’s responsibilities and authorities, please refer to the PVSC Corporate Governance Manual.